By Frank D. Schubert
Read or Download A Modest Certainty PDF
Best philosophical logic & language books
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This ebook opens up a brand new path to the examine of data dynamics and the sociology of information. the point of interest is at the position of metaphors as robust catalysts, and the booklet dissects their function within the building of theories of information. it really is of important curiosity to social and cognitive scientists alike.
Arguing that our attachment to Aristotelian modes of discourse makes a revision in their conceptual foundations lengthy late, the writer proposes the glory of unacknowledged elements that play a imperative position in argument itself. those are specifically the subjective imprint and the dynamics of argumentation.
This assortment concentrates on important subject matters from Michael Dummett, essentially the most influential and artistic analytic philosophers of our time. The members, who contain a few of Dummett's exotic former scholars, severely give some thought to numerous matters of Dummett's ground-breaking paintings in philosophy of language, metaphysics, and philosophy of arithmetic and good judgment.
- Frege: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed)
- Argumentation Machines: New Frontiers in Argument and Computation (Argumentation Library)
- Media Argumentation: Dialectic, Persuasion and Rhetoric
- Paraconsistency: Logic and Applications: 26 (Logic, Epistemology, and the Unity of Science)
- Philosophical Foundations of Quality of Life: The Selected Works of Alex C. Michalos
Additional info for A Modest Certainty
A Modest Certainty by Frank D. Schubert