By Jeanette Bicknell
In Philosophy of music and making a song: An Introduction, Jeanette Bicknell explores key aesthetic, moral, and different philosophical questions that experience no longer but been completely researched via philosophers, musicologists, or scientists. matters addressed include:
- The dating among the which means of a song’s phrases and its music
- The performer’s function and the consequent gender issues, social ontology, and private identity
- The performer’s moral duties to audiences, composers, lyricists, and people for whom the cloth holds specific significance
- The metaphysical prestige of remoted solo performances in comparison to the continual making a song of opera or the interrupted making a song of degree and display musicals
Each bankruptcy specializes in one significant musical instance and contains numerous shorter discussions of different choices. All were selected for his or her illustrative strength and their accessibility for any reader and are comfortably available.
Read or Download A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction PDF
Best aesthetics books
Showing in English for the 1st time, Schelling’s 1842 lectures improve the concept that many philosophical suggestions are born of religious-mythological notions. Translated the following into English for the 1st time, F. W. J. Schelling’s 1842 lectures at the Philosophy of Mythology are an early instance of interdisciplinary considering.
Addressing the basic query of the connection among ethics and aesthetics in Deleuze's philosophy this publication presents transparent symptoms of the sensible implications of Deleuze's method of the humanities via designated analyses of the moral measurement of inventive task in literature, song, and picture.
During this seminal learn, Robert Wicks presents a sweeping survey of ecu Aesthetics over the past 200 years. proposing the theories of 16 vital continental thinkers together with Kant, Nietzsche, Freud, and Derrida, this the one finished learn of the evolution of continental notion during this key zone of philosophy.
Mit diesem Buch über Philosophischen Surrealismus ist das anthropologische Quartett Riskante Lebensnähe (2009; engl. dicy Proximity to existence, 2010), Der implizite Mensch (2013), Metaphysik und Mantik (2. , verb. Auflage 2013) abgeschlossen. In diesem letzten Band wird die Grundidee des Surrealismus als philosophische Figur vorgestellt, die sich aus dem Erbe des Neuplatonismus als grundlegende Einsicht in das Überseiende, eben in das Surreale fassen läßt.
- Béla Bartók and Turn-of-the-Century Budapest
- Logos of Phenomenology and Phenomenology of the Logos. Book Five: The Creative Logos. Aesthetic Ciphering in Fine Arts, Literature and Aesthetics: 92 (Analecta Husserliana)
- Tumor (Object Lessons)
- Between Nihilism and Faith (Kierkegaard Studies. Monograph Series)
- The Active Image: Architecture and Engineering in the Age of Modeling (Philosophy of Engineering and Technology)
Additional resources for A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction
A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction by Jeanette Bicknell